These earphones are priced around £20 on Amazon and have a very good set of specifications.
- 9mm dynamic drivers
- Frequency range from 20Hz - 20 kHz
- 98 dB sensitivity at 1mW
- 1.3m length cable
- standard 3.5mm gold-plated mini-jack
The packaging follows the same design of other Brainwavz products with their red hard case. Within the case is a good range of ear tips and foam tips including the Comply (TM) foam tip which offers excellent external noise blocking.
The multifunction 3 button microphone and remote is designed to support iOS products and controls both phone calls and audio player. The remote has volume controls and supports the TRRS standard.
So what about the audio quality?
- Using both the silicone and Comply(TM) foam tips the sound produced is very clear and loud enough in noisy situations such as a swimming pool.
- The Comply(TM) tips provide a higher level of external noise reduction.
- There is sufficient base and good differentiation between low and high frequencies.
- There is little distortion at higher volumes
These are very comfortable earphones to wear and fit well into the ear. They are not overly bulky or heavy. The Shirt clip also prevents additional pull or tug on the earphones.
I highly recommend this earphones if you are looking for a lightweight, comfy, loud and rich sound.
I have to come clean at the start of the review - I am a very big fan of Sennheiser headphones and microphones so come from a less than impartial base!
The HD335s are a mid range consumer closed on-ear headphone with builtin volume and accessory control for mobile phones / tablets.
- Pure Sound - smooth audio reproduction with deep bass
- Easy Calls – in-line remote control with integrated microphone makes it easy to take/end calls
- Fits All – compatible with virtually all major smartphone and tablet brands, e.g. Apple iPhone, Samsung, HTC, Sony, Nokia, Blackberry,
- Flexibility – flip up the right ear-cup to talk to people around you
- Blocks Outside Noise – due to the closed over-the-ear headphone design
- Easy Volume Control – change volume level on the ear-cup via the embedded volume dial
- Easy Music Control – the in-line remote enables you to easily play/pause music* and change track*
- Freedom of Movement - single-sided cable reduces tangling
- Adapter – required for compatibility with selected Nokia and Sony Smartphones
- Peace of Mind – two-year international warranty
Very clear crisp sound quality on a range of different tracks.
The sound had plenty of bass and there was good differentiation between mid and high tones. On the highest volume from my computer there was a small amount of distortion but not enough to be a concern.
I often find working in the theatre that you want a mixture of live audio and the sound coming through the sound desk. These headphones have a novel feature of being able to swing the right hand headphone up to let you listen live to what is happening. The headphones still feel solid and secure. This is a feature which I think would be very useful in the theatre or in a club setting for a DJ.
These are a great pair of headphones at a very reasonable price.
Buy them today from our Amazon Associates Tech Store page here.
Sennheiser Momentum Headphones - Review Part II
In August 2012 I became an official YouReview reviewer for Sennheiser after winning a Facebook competition. I eagerly awaited my first review product which came in January 2013. The wait was worth it as the Momentum Headphones I was sent to review are stunning.
My first review and unboxing video are here
The official Sennheiser page is here
After using these amazing headphones almost daily for the last 5 months in a range of applications here are my findings.
In the home
These headphones are extremely comfortable for daily wear when listening to music sat or working around the home. The Circumaural design feels very comfortable to wear for extended periods of time. Weighing in at only 190g they feel incredibly light for their size. I found that even after wearing for several hours the contact pressure of 2.8N didn’t cause discomfort.
In the car
The Momentum headphones are perfect for long car journeys. They are extremely comfortable (see above) and the design of the circumaural capsules makes it a closed design reducing very effectively background noise. Having worn them on several hot days (yes they do exist) the breathable material of the headband didn’t leave me feeling sweaty!
On a train
I took them recently for a moderately long train journey from Birmingham to Manchester. I was initially concerned that the large size of the carrying case would be cumbersome for the rest of the day. I was pleasantly surprised, the hard carry case fitted well into the bottom of a rucksack and whilst it definitely did take up space it didn’t feel bulky or heavy.
As a part-time Performing Arts Technician having a decent pair of headphones to wear for extended periods of time has been a struggle to find. I have been really impressed with the Momentums as they provide excellent sound quality with very realistic, crisp and bright audio. Combined with the ambient noise cancelling and comfort these have become my tech headphones of choice.
iPhone and Mac compatibility
The inline remote with microphone is an excellent addition to the Momentum headphones. The iOS and OSX compatibility works well and I have been very impressed with the quality of phone calls. The ability to play, pause, skip tracks, adjust the volume, accept, reject and access Siri from the smart remote is a real bonus.
Overall these are an excellent pair of headphones and whilst some may flinch at a price tag of £250 this is excellent value for money and I believe will last a very long time. After 5 months of daily use mine still look pristine.
In summary, if you are only going to buy one pair of headphones for work or for pleasure I would recommend these 100%