Tweachcode - a weekly Twitter chat session for teachers of computing
Who likes free high quality CPD that doesn’t generate any cover?
Every Monday at 8pm for the last few months I have been sat on my computer engaging in a Twitter conversation with a great group of people from around the UK and beyond.
The conversations are hosted by @TweachCode with guests sometimes joining them. A series of questions on a topic are posted out during the hour from 8-9pm and replies are shared with #TweachCode. An archive is made of the conversation using storify and are available to read on the CPD for Teachers website.
Topics have included
Cross Curricular Computing
Python for Key Stage 4
Solving real world problems
Transition to Text based programming
Currently there are 27 Discussions on the website.
What has been good?
- Monday at 8pm is a good time to think about teaching and learning. It sets you up in the right frame of mind for the rest of the week.
- A great opportunity for networking. I have picked up many followers and started following many others
- No silly questions. People have been very supportive and have not belittled any question for being too simple or silly
- A great balance of ‘experts’ and people wanting to find out solutions
- An opportunity for everyone to contribute as little or as much as they want
- Lots (and I mean lots) of great resources shared
- Well thought out questions and prompts for the discussion
Tweachcode are now on holiday for the summer and will be back in the new school term. I can thoroughly recommend this CPD opportunity. With a permanent record made through storify participation in the discussion can be documented as CPD evidence towards Performance management targets.
Tweachcode is run by CPD for Teachers who run a number of courses throughout the year. They can be contacted on 0844 870 8935 and via email@example.com